Scaffolding Inspection Training
Course is designed For
Delegates who have awareness and experience of scaffolding structures, which would have come from time spent in their individual industry sector e.g. construction, engineering, and offshore etc. Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who are responsible for inspecting scaffolds and completing reports in accordance with statutory Regulations.
Examples of acceptable experience are :
- Delegate who holds current Scaffolder/Advanced Card or certification.
- Delegates who have previously attended a Scaffold Inspection course.
- Delegates who have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Scope and Aim of the training
To enable the delegates to be fully aware of the various types of scaffold, their uses and construction, faults most commonly encountered and to carry out statutory inspections and completion of reports on basic scaffolds and aluminium access towers.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the relevant legislation, British Standards Code of Practice and industry standards.
- Identify the safe working loads for working platforms.
- Differentiate between various scaffold systems and for what purpose they should be used.
- Understand statutory inspections of basic tube and fitting scaffolds.
Methods of Training & Exam Pattern
A mix of theoretical and practical based studies . Throughout the course there is a constant assessment by the instructor who will ask questions about what he has covered in the course, some may be theoretical or some may be practical. At the end of the course there is a 30 question multiple choice paper to be completed by all delegates. A pass mark of 72% is set for all delegates.
All delegates that succeed with the course will receive a certificate of attendance that will be valid for 3 years.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 Days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Topics Covered Under the Course
Regulations and approved Codes of Practice, Understand the requirements of the relevant legislation including; EN12811 part 1 (TG20:13,) HSE recommendations for inspecting scaffold systems.