Scaffolding Safety Awareness for Supervisor & Inspectors
Course is designed For
Managers, supervisors, charge hands and safety advisers that have a requirement to understand fundamental scaffolding safety requirements, safe working practice and the safety and quality aspects involved.
Aim and Scope of the Training
- To enable the delegates to be fully aware of the various types of scaffolds, their uses and construction, faults most commonly encountered and to carry out statutory inspections and completion of reports on basic scaffolds.
- To provide an overview of the key technical aspects and content of TG20:13 and SG4:15 their impact on the scaffolding industry.
- To provide delegates with the underpinning knowledge required to effectively understand the key aspects of scaffolding safety requirements regarding compliant scaffolding and access and safe systems of work for scaffolders at height.
Knowledge By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the relevant legislation, Code of Practice and industry standards.
- Understand the requirements of the Guidance Document SG4:15
- Understand the requirements of the TG20 Operational Guide
- Their responsibilities under current regulations.
- Scaffold structure.
- Scaffold parts.
- Scaffold tagging.
- Fall protection systems.
- Safe working procedures.
- Isolation of faulty scaffolds materials
Methods of Training and Exam Pattern
A mix of theoretical and practical based studies including. Throughout the course there is a constant assessment by the instructor who will ask questions about what he has covered in the course, some may be theoretical or some may be practical. At the end of the course there is a 30 question multiple choice papers to be completed by all delegates. A pass mark of 72% is set for all delegates.
All delegates that succeed with the course will receive a certificate of attendance that will be valid for 3 years.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Days
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Topics Covered Under the Course