Scaffolding Supervisor Training Course Information
Course is designed For
This scaffolding course is aimed at established and trainee/prospective line-management of scaffolding contractors, with direct supervisory responsibility for scaffolding operations Potential, newly appointed or existing supervisors with at least 7 years’ experience in the scaffolding industry.
Aim and Scope of the training
- To acquire a suitable supervisory knowledge and management skill that is tailored to the contract scaffolding industry.
- To give delegates knowledge and skills to plan and supervise scaffolding operations as first-line scaffolding supervisors/managers, trainee supervisors/managers.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Identify existing or predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has the authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate these hazards.
- Design and preplanning of the scaffold including weight limitations, scaffold type, fall protection, tie-offs, supports, etc.
- Overseeing the erection of the scaffold
- Final inspection of the scaffold prior to initial occupation for use.
- Documentation of the condition of the scaffold and its ability to be occupied safely.
- Inspections of scaffolds after changes / alterations have been made.
- Oversight and inspections of mobile scaffolds.
- Tool box talks to scaffold erectors, and users.
Methods of Training & Exam
A mix of theoretical and practical based studies including. Throughout the course there is a constant assessment by the instructor who will ask questions about what he has covered in the course, some may be theoretical or some may be practical. At the end of the course there is a 30 question multiple choice paper to be completed by all delegates. A pass mark of 72% is set for all delegates.
All delegates that succeed with the course will receive a certificate of attendance that will be valid for 3 years.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Day
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes
Topics Covered Under the Course